Friday, April 01, 2005

NY Car Show

Over spring break I managed to go to the NY International Auto Show. It was held at the Jacob Javitz convention center. Most automotive writing this year concerning the main international car shows (Geneva, Detroit, NY) has been that they were boring with very few concepts. Personally, I can not disagree more. Having been to previous year car shows where they had million dollar concepts with virtually zero chance of ever seeing production, I felt that this year the auto industry brought vehicles that were 90% production ready. It was very nice to see a SRT8 Chrysler 300C with 425 HP, or the STS-v (caddy's high performance sedan). Also, one of my personal favs was the new Z06 Vette with 500hp and 500 lb/ft tourqe. That puts this monster in Viper Category, and a sub 4 second 0-60 sprint. Overall favorites were the Ferrari F430 Spyder. That could quite literally be the most beautiful peace of automotive machinery ever conceived. It was edgy, yet soft on the eyes. Another big hit at the auto show was the Pontiac Solstice. It is a 2seat roadster powered by a 227hp inline 4. Priced in the low 20's, on 18" wheels it will surely be a hit that GM badly needs. Overall, the show was an excellent opportunity to view upcoming models from many automakers, and I greatly enjoyed the day there.

1 Comments:

Blogger EDL said...

Im just as bad as them. i lvoe the show, and although I dont put 20,000 into my cars I do what I can to the stereo. GPS, DVD players and that kinda stuff. Im starting to think its a waste of money though...its so expensive, and drops in value as soon as you put it in....

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home